Guatemalan corn bread recipe
With this simple recipe for fluffy corn bread, you will learn how to prepare this succulent dessert, which more than a bread is a corn cake that everyone will love.
Remember that if you want to stay well informed, visit Sucesos Guatemala.
Fluffy corn bread recipe
Corn bread is an iconic dish of Guatemalan cuisine, combining the sweet taste of corn with the creaminess of condensed milk. If you are looking for a recipe to prepare this delicious dessert at home, you are in the right place. Next, we share an easy and fluffy corn bread recipe that you can make at home and enjoy in the company of your family or friends.
To make this fluffy corn bread you will need fresh corn, condensed milk, eggs, sugar, butter and baking powder. Start by crushing the corn in the blender and then mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a homogeneous dough. Pour the mixture into a previously greased pan and bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Ready! Enjoy this delicious corn bread recipe, ideal to accompany a Guatemalan chicken broth or simply to enjoy as a dessert.
If you want to try an authentic corn bread recipe, we recommend grandma’s recipe. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation and is one of the most popular in Guatemalan cuisine. To prepare it, you will need the same ingredients as in the previous recipe, but with the addition of wheat flour and grated fresh cheese. Wheat flour helps corn bread have a fluffier texture, while cheese gives it a unique and delicious flavor. Dare to try this recipe for grandma’s corn bread and surprise your loved ones with a traditional and delicious dessert.
Receta de pan de elote esponjoso
- 1 cucharadita escancia de vainilla
- 500 gramos maíz cocido
- 2 huevos extra grandes
- 200 ml leche condensada
- azúcar glass al gusto
- 200 gramos harina
- 40 gramos mantequilla
Ingredients of Guatemalan corn bread
- 1 chucaradita of vanilla essence
- 500 grams of cooked corn
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 200 milliliters of condensed milk
- Icing sugar to taste
- 200 grams of flour
- 40 gr. butter
How to make corn bread?
Follow the instructions below to prepare this delicious Guatemalan-style corn bread.
- We have to throw the condensed milk with the eggs and vanilla essence in the dish where it is going to be beaten.
- Beat long enough until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then add the corn well cooked and shelled, beat again.
- Add the butter and beat again until you have a consistent mixture without lumps.
- The sifted flour is added, beaten again until all the ingredients are integrated into the mixture.
- The oven is preheated to 180º C.
- As soon as the oven reaches the desired temperature we pour the dough into the container in which it is going to be baked.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes we check the dough to see if it is ready by pricking it with a fork and if it comes out dry you have to remove the bread from the oven.
- Decorate by spreading icing sugar on the corn bread.
- Enjoy it with your loved ones.
Remember to stay very well informed with Chef’s Recipes.
Chef’s Recipes / The best recipes by Sucesos.